Website (Shropshire Reference Library) http://new.shropshire.gov.uk/libraries/groups-and-support/health-and-wellbeing/
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01743 255 380
Address: Shropshire Council Community Services, Reference Library, 1A Castle Gates, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 2AQ
Telephone or check the website for information about library branches, mobile libraries and the Community Care Mobile Library, providing services to older people and disabled people across Shropshire.
All libraries in Shropshire offer:
- free public access to the Internet through the Peoples Network computers. (Some libraries also provide wireless Internet access)
- access to books and other resources on careers, jobs and job hunting, CV writing and interviews
- information and resources on studying and working abroad
- information and prospectuses on local full and part time adult education/college courses
In addition the Reference Library in Shrewsbury has:
- prospectuses for all UK universities and UCAS guides to help with the application procedure
- Open University course materials to support most modules (excluding business and law courses)
- some special IT equipment such as large trackballs, wrist and foot rests
- staff to help you search the Internet for resources to support learning and assist with recommending useful websites
Shropshire libraries also have close links with the NextStep organisation.
Next Step offers free impartial information and advice to adults (20+) on learning and work. There are regular advice sessions at the Reference library.Telephone 0800 021 7244 to make an appointment.