The census is a survey about all the households in England and Wales. It takes place every 10 years and the next one is happening on 21 March 2021. It’s a survey of all households in England and Wales, and you must complete it by law or you could face a fine. Help is available if you need it.
Everyone must complete the census and provide accurate information. The answers you give will help organisations to decide how services are funded in your area. The information you give in the census helps provide the best picture of the needs of everyone in England and Wales. Organisations such as local authorities and charities use this picture to plan and fund the services we all need, including transport, education and healthcare. Without the census, it’d be much more difficult to do this.
Every household should complete the census on Sunday 21 March 2021 or as soon as possible after.
About the Census in different formats:
- Census2021 Easy Read Leaflet: Easy-read-leaflet-if-you-live-in-England (to download or read in a new window)
- What is the Census, click here to watch a video in BSL: https://youtu.be/tyWTySD_few
- Census2021 in Braille: Please request by calling us free on 0800 328 2021
- Census2021 in large print Census2021-large-print-leaflet (to download or read in a new window)
- A Student Guide to Census2021 Student-guide-to-Census2021_2021-02-17-094015 (to download or read in a new window)
- Census2021 Helping Everyone to take part: english-census2021-helping-everyone-take-part (to download or read in a new window)
If you’ve responded before 21st March and things have changed, you can let the Census office know by calling- for England 0800 141 2021 or 0800 169 2021 (available in English or Welsh) There are no call charges for these numbers. If you need to use another language, call the free language helpline on 0800 587 2021 , this is also a free number to use. For Relay UK users dial 18001 followed by the phone number you need. Or you can use this form to let them know of changes https://census.gov.uk/en/web-form/ Or if you use Text Messaging Service SMS You can send us a text message on 8667
Many people will complete the form Census Form on-line. Here is the link to census2021 https://census.gov.uk/en/start/ To start your census online, you will need your 16‑character access code sent to you in the post.
Other people will receive a form to enable them to complete the form in the traditional way via the post. For further information on Census2021 visit the Government website at this link https://census.gov.uk/help-when-you-need-it?utm_source=google&utm_medium=expanded_text_ads&utm_campaign=key_population_groups&utm_content=search&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnKeCBhDPARIsAFDTLTJfnFp8Hyree8hnmJzUve2Z7cAkdcp1z68HC_ItmTj6yv2Xw04cYtAaAkCUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds