1st June 2020
31st July 2020
Telford & Wrekin Council want to provide quality support in a personalised way so that people with a Learning Disability, their families and carers, can receive the assistance they need to in a way that enhances their independence and enables them to lead meaningful, valued lives within their own communities. Note this Consultation was due to end on 14th April 2020 but due to Covid19 the time has been extended.
They want people with learning disabilities to:
- live happy, healthy, safe and independent lives
- be respected and have choice and control over decisions that affect them,
- live their lives as active members of their community
- access employment
- have access to the right services.
It is important for them to understand what care and support people with Learning Disabilities need to live independently in their community.
It will enable them to develop a local Learning Disability Strategy which will help them deliver our responsibilities.
The following legislation and guidelines are important:
- The Care Act 2014
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Human Rights Act, 1998
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health Act 2007
- Autism Act 2009
- Transforming Care Programme (TCP)
- Think Local Act Personal.
You can tell Telford & Wrekin Council your views in a variety of ways
For adults with learning disabilities they will:
- be holding face to face sessions supported by taking part between 30 March 2020 and 9 April 2020 and/or
- offer an easy read paper questionnaire.
If you have any questions in the meantime please contact [email protected].
For families and carers we will be holding some face to face sessions:
Note: Due to the current coronavirus situation the face to face sessions planned as part of the engagement into the future of care for adults with learning disabilities in Telford and Wrekin have been postponed. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you but we will be re-arranging the sessions when we are able to. The engagement period will also be extended accordingly.
Complete the online questionnaire here: https://telford.researchfeedback.net/s.asp?k=158136704339