29th March 2019
17th May 2019
Event title: Rising to the Challenge – 2019 Workshops – Shrewsbury
Venue: The Lantern, Meadow Farm Drive, Harlescott, Shrewsbury, SY1 4NG
Name: Autism West Midlands
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01743 250962
Event description: Rising to the Challenge 2019 Workshops in Shrewsbury for family carers living in Shropshire “Best parent training and support programme” Social Care Award 2017.
This is a series of six workshops during March, April and May for family carers who really want to understand their child’s autism.
The course consists of 6 sessions as detailed below.
Friday 29th March (9.30 am – 12.30 pm) – Autism as a Spectrum
- Exploring the world of autism
- The individuality of children on the spectrum
- How autism is diagnosed
Friday 5th April (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)- The Sensory World of Autism
- Sensory Processing
- How children with autism experience their senses
- Improving sensory experiences for you child
Friday 12th April (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Exploring Communication
- The developing communicator
- How your child with autism communicates
- Communication ideas for your child
Friday 3rd May (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Helping your Child Develop Social Skills
- How children develop social skills
- Social skill difficulties in autism
- Promoting social skills with your child
Friday 10th May (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Understanding and minimising difficult behaviors
- Anxious behaviors and autism
- Coping strategies for dealing with autism related anxiety and anger outbursts
- Strategies to help your child regulate their emotions
Friday 17th May (9.30 am – 12.30 pm)-Happiness and Well-being
- Practical strategies to promote self
- esteem and well-being for your child
- Reflection time
Booking Information: To book this event please visit the eShop:
Parents and carers must be resident in the Shropshire Council area.
Please provide your mobile number when booking so that we can send you a text reminder.
Cost: £10 individual or £15 per couple.
If the cost is a barrier to you attending, please contact us by email to [email protected] or call 01743 250962
This course is funded by Shropshire Council and Shropshire’s Clinical Commissioning Group so places are only available for family carers living in the Shropshire Council area.