8th August 2020
27th August 2020
See Content for times
See Content for times
Event title: Summer programme of outdoor live family theatre in Town Park
Venue: See Content for details
Name: Telford & Wrekin Council with The Place
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01952 382382
Event description: Telford & Wrekin Council is offering the opportunity to experience live family theatre performances in unique outdoor settings during August.
Theatres are currently closed because of the coronavirus pandemic but the council together with The Place have put together a packed programme of outdoor events.
It starts with a performance of Tales From The Trees by the Squashbox Theatre Company on Saturday August 8. Tales From The Trees is a terrific tangle of puppetry, storytelling, live music and comedy with an engaging theme that embraces natural history, folklore and ecology.
The show features Craig, the friendly forest ranger and tree expert and is suitable for children aged five and over. Performances will be at 1 pm and 3 pm at the Stirchley Chimney in Telford Town Park. Tickets will be £30.
- Sunday August 9 at 1 pm-The Stirchley Chimney, Telford TF3 1DZ will also be the venue for Fantastic Family Funnies. This is a family stand up comedy show featuring comedians James Cook, Jay Foreman and host Cerys Nelmes. It is suitable for children aged six and over and tickets are again £30.
- Thursday 20th August there will be two shows (starting at 1 pm and 3 pm) at Teenage Amphitheatre, Telford Town Park TF3 1DZ. These will be the third outdoor show of the summer season takes place on when the popular Wind In The Willows story by Kenneth Grahame, adapted by Oliver Gray. Join Mole, Rat and Badger and of course Toad who just can’t help getting into trouble! This show is recommended for children aged 5+ and their families. Tickets are £30.
- Saturday 22nd August 2 pm at Teenage Amphitheatre, Telford Town Park TF3 1DZ will be the fourth outdoor show of the summer season takes place when Hotbuckle Productions perform Emotion On The Oceans.Join Captain Crossbones and Jolly Roger embarking on a journey of discovery in order to discover ways of coping with some of the “big feelings” they are having. Packed with fun, music and audience participation, this show is ideal for the enjoyment and learning of all primary school aged children. Tickets are £30.
- Sunday 23rd August at The Teenage Amphitheatre in Telford Town Park TF3 1DZ join us for popular pantomime performer and author Ian Billings who will do a double act with illustrator, poet and writer Chris White. They are performing as The Line Kings – a crazy kids’ poetry and cartoon show stuffed with “bags of gags, tons of puns and oodles of doodles, reams of rhymes, gallons of giggles and sacks of silliness.” It features stories and poetry performed and brought to life with live illustrations. Show times are 12 pm, 1.30 pm and 3 pm and tickets are £12.
- Thursday 27th August at 2 pm at the Stirchley Chimney in Telford Town Park TF3 1DZ will be our final show of the season. It is a specially adapted performance of Alice in Lockdown. Join Alice as she ventures through the Lockdown Looking Glass and explores a curious world filled with Cheshire Cats, White Rabbits and Red Queens, all while keeping a safe distance of two metres. Whether battling Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee for the last loo roll or attending the Mad Hatter’s tea party via Zoom, Alice’s socially-distanced adventures are the perfect antidote to the stay-at-home blues. Tickets are £30.
Councillor Eileen Callear, Telford & Wrekin Council’s cabinet member for Leisure, Libraries and Culture, said: “It is a shame that events like the carnival and the balloon fiesta could not take place as planned. However we are delighted that we are able to put on a programme of entertainment for all the family during the summer holidays.
“I hope people will bring a cushion and come along and enjoy these excellent shows which take place in unique outdoor settings.
“We would like to reassure all customers that all these events will take place under strict government recommended social distancing guidelines.”
To ensure that everyone is accommodated with appropriate social distancing, each booking will be allocated a space with a 2m boundary. A Family Group ticket accommodates a maximum of 6 people, and groups must be limited to no more than two households.
Tickets are online only and can be booked at www.theplacetelford.com