Earlier this year, we informed our members about a challenge set by Jess Hiles, daughter of Jo Allmond. Many of our members know Jess, as she co-writes Jess, The Goth Fairy books and she is a volunteer for Safe Place Shropshire. She is also one of our members and has been a guest speaker at our meetings. Each year Jess sets a challenge to raise money for charity.
This year, monies raised will go to 3 charities that are very special to Jess! So what is the challenge?
On Saturday 6th October, 22 brave volunteers, together with the 3 Muskebears (Cuddles, Alfie and Murphy) are to ride the longest zip wire in Europe – the Titan Zip Wire in North Wales!
The charities who will benefit are:
- MacIntyre – a national charity that has been providing support to people with learning disabilities for 50 years
- Guide Dogs – a national charity that supports blind and partially sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else
- Shropshire Disability Network (SDN) – We thank Jess, for choosing us.
To read more about the challenge and to sponsor on-line, click this link: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=JesssGang&isTeam=true
How can you help?
- Sponsorship. If you would like a sponsorship form to get, please contact [email protected] or call/text 07780 852229
- Sponsoring: Every £1 will help Jess, reach her target of £1500, enabling each charity to receive £500
- Promoting: Share this news item with friends and families and tell people about it.
- Support on the day: We would like many people to come along on Saturday 6th October to cheer those taking part.
For further information, please contact Ann, our secretary by email [email protected] or call 07398 350 255