Welcome to the UK Wide Search for Accessible Trails which is part of the Disabled Holiday Information (DHI) Website (Registered Charity No. 1119972) . Shropshire Disability Network have an agreement with Disabled Holiday Information which enables us to promote their Search facility for your convenience.
Just Click here to go straight to the DHI Website Search Facility on Accessible Trails. We hope that you find that it is useful when you are planning holidays, a short break away or a day out.
There are a few sources of information for people with wheelchairs or mobility scooters wishing to access our lovely Shropshire countryside.
(1) Shropshire Council has information on its website. The site also has information about specific sites such as Colemere, Lyth Hill Countryside site, Battlefield Heritage Park, Ifton Meadows Countryside Site, Whitchurch Waterways Country Park, Severn Valley Country Park, and the Mere at Ellesmere.
(2) http://www.shropshiresgreatoutdoors.co.uk/walking/ have some brilliant information about accessible walks around Shropshire – why not have a look
(2) Disabled Holiday Information - www.disabledholidayinfo.org.uk/ – have recently produced an updated version of The Wheelchair User’s Guide to Accessible Countryside Sites and Trails in Shropshire and the Borderlands, giving comprehensive advice on trails throughout Shropshire. Disabled Holiday Information also produce four other leaflets in the same series: The Wheelchair User’s Guide to Accessible Tourist Attractions for Shropshire, The Wheelchair User’s Guide to Accessible Activities in and around Shropshire, The Wheelchair User’s Guide to Accessible Transport in Shropshire and The Wheelchair Users Guide to Accessible Chester and Cheshire. Details of these guides are available on www.disabledholidayinfo.org.uk/publications.htm and pdf versions can be downloaded free.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: Vice-President Peter Lyne on 0151 648 3457 or 07774 405734
Disabled Motorists Federation offer a variety of services to assist disabled drivers, including:
- The Way Ahead Magazine
- Health and Medical information
- Information on Disabled facilities grant
- Blue Badge information
- Links to helpful organisations
Unfortunately The West Midlands Disabled Motorists Club is no longer in operation.