What is Dignity Action Day?
Dignity Action Day aims to ensure people who use care services are treated as individuals and are given choice, control and a sense of purpose in their daily lives.
Dame Joan Bakewell, Dignity in Care Ambassador said:
“Dignity Action Day highlights a more respectful way of behaving towards vulnerable people. The very old and the very young clearly need our respect, but it wouldn’t do any harm to spread the dignity message across the population then we can all benefit.”
Supporting Dignity Action Day will:
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in Care
- Provide someone with an extra special day
- Demonstrate that everybody in the community has a role to play in upholding Dignity in Care
- Remind the public that staff have a right to be treated with dignity and respect too
- Provide a great community networking opportunity.
Have you planned anything for Friday 1st February in recognition of Dignity Action Day? If so, please complete our User Friendly form so that we can promote what you are doing. You can find the form here: https://shropshiredisability.net/submit-an-event/