Telford & Wrekin Council want to provide quality support in a personalised way so that people with a Learning Disability, their families and carers, can receive the assistance they need to in a way that enhances their independence and enables them to lead meaningful, valued lives within their own communities.
They want people with learning disabilities to:
- live happy, healthy, safe and independent lives
- be respected and have choice and control over decisions that affect them,
- live their lives as active members of their community
- access employment
- have access to the right services.
It is important that Telford & Wrekin Council to understand what care and support people with Learning Disabilities need to live independently in their community. Engagement into the future of care for adults with learning disabilities is now under way and we want to make sure as many people as possible take part.
Do you care for, or work with, an adult with a learning disability? If so, they would like to hear from you.
The Council would like as much input as possible so they, along with our communities and partners, can provide advice, information, care and support that is aspirational, modern and meaningful for adults with learning disabilities and their families.
This will enable them to develop a local Learning Disability Strategy which will help us deliver our responsibilities.
You can tell them your views in a variety of ways
Complete the easy read paper questionnaire:
- download it here easy read copy to print to print and complete or
- download it here easy read copy to complete online. to complete it online in easy read
If you would like the questionnaire in an alternative format, or have questions about the engagement, please email: [email protected] or call us on 01952 385577.
Or you could attend a virtual sessions for family and carers to be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday 14 October 2020 from 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Tuesday 20 October 2020 from 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Friday 6 November 2020 from 9.30am – 10.30am.
To book your place on one of the above virtual sessions please click here to book via eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tw-virtual-learning-disability-engagement-families-and-carers-tickets-122208325391
Please submit your comments by Wednesday 11 November 2020 at 5pm.
The following legislation and guidelines are important:
- The Care Act 2014
- Children and Families Act 2014
- Human Rights Act, 1998
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Mental Health Act 2007
- Autism Act 2009
- Transforming Care Programme (TCP)
- Think Local Act Personal.