Ruby, SDN Chair and Ann, SDN Secretary were honoured to attend the recent presentation evening to receive a very welcome donation from Telford Tree of Light.
Last year, we reported on this website and in our newsletter, that we had been nominated by the Rotary Club Telford Centre to receive a 16th of the monies raised by the 4 Rotary Clubs of Telford. The evening was hosted by Rotary Club Telford Centre President Sonia Roberts at the Buckatree Hall Hotel.
Ruby is seen in the picture receiving a cheque for £2690 from Sonia Roberts.
Sonia on presenting the cheque said “What I like about SDN, is that they are one of very few organisation’s that is still run in its entirety by volunteers. They provide a website and a host of valuable and important information to those who have a disability in Shropshire”
Ruby, in accepting and thanking Telford Rotary Tree of Light for this generous donation said “I am honored to be receiving this on behalf of the membership. We have five pieces of core work:
- To provide a website with relevant and up to date information on disability and carers issues in Shropshire.
- To hold quarterly meetings with speakers that will enthuse and inspire.
- To provide a signposting service enabling people to access the information they need.
- To lead on the Safe Place Shropshire Community initiative and
- To provide a newsletter, enabling us to reach those who have no IT access or cannot use a computer for whatever reason.
Thank you to everyone here tonight, to the people of Telford and beyond who donated in memory of “loved ones” enabling the Tree of Light to be such a success”.
She continued “For a small charity like ours, it can be difficult to fundraise as people can fall ill, so have to pull out of fundraisers and this can make it difficult. This donation, will make a huge difference to our work. It is so important that we reach as many people as we can, including those who cannot access our website. With increasing costs in postage and other essential outgoings, it is “you” that make the difference. Thank you so much “
Click here to read a Press Release by Telford Rotary Tree of Light. Presentation Evening 2018