Contact: Scott Guilbert and Mark Bull, Health & Inclusion Officer, Shrewsbury Town in the Community
Telephone: 01743 289177 EXT216
Address: Shrewsbury Town in the Community Hub, Montgomery Waters Meadow, Oteley Road, Shrewsbury SY2 6ST
Shrewsbury Town in the Community is a registered Charity. Our aim is to make a positive difference for everyone through sport & learning. We do this by providing safe & enjoyable activities that will be fun for people of all ages & abilities whilst ensuring all sessions are accessible & delivered to the highest standards.
STITC is a community development programme that is supported by Shrewsbury Town Football Club. STFC is very community minded & we know the positive impact we are having in the community & will continually look to develop & expand our reach. Shrewsbury Town in the Community have four main themes governed by the Football League Trust & they are Sports, Participation, Education, Health & Social Inclusion. STiC works across the whole county of Shropshire.
- DS Football
- CP Football
- Blind Football (having teamed uo with the Royal National College for the Blind) we now offer Blind Awareness workshops across Shropshire.
- All-In Short Breaks specifically for children with disabilities & additional needs (5-14 years)
- Walking Football (over 55′s) Shrewsbury
- Walking Football-Ludlow Stadium
- Down Memory Lane (for people who have Dementia)
- Powerchair Football
Our shrewsability session runs on a Monday evening where we have:
- Under 12 and 12+ down syndrome sessions.
- Cerebral palsy under 12 and 12+ sessions.
- Amputee – open age.
- Power chair – open age.
These sessions take place at Shrewsbury sports village.
We also have sessions on a Friday.
- Short brakes session at Shrewsbury Towns Community Football Hub.
- Pan 12+ session at Shrewsbury towns community football hub.
- Pan under 12 football session at Ludlow town football club.
Click here to watch a short video about the work we do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLnvfQRQznA
Find us on Face Book @shrewsburytowninthecommunity and Twitter @STFC_ITC
Registered Charity Number 1125101