Care & Repair in Powys (Gofal a Thrwsio ym Mhowys)
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01686 620760 or 0300 111 3333
Address: Care & Repair in Powys, Ty Canol House, Ffordd Croesawdy,Newtown, Powys SY16 1AL
Do you need help to live safely and independently in your own home as you get older?
Care and Repair in Powys provides expertise, advice and practical support to older people or people with disabilities who need to undertake repairs, renovations or adaptations to their home. We do this to help people remain living at home independently, comfortably, safely and securely.
- Give expert advice on options to adapt or repair your home
- Give help on finding sources of funding for the work that needs to be done
- Give advice on welfare benefits to check you are receiving your full entitlement
- Assess and advise on safety and security in the home
- Help you find a reputable building contractor for larger jobs
- Provide a technical service to inspect the work upon completion
- Keep you informed on progress and check you are happy with the work done
- Fund the work ourselves
- Guarantee the work of contractors
- Supervise or directly oversee the work of selected contractors
Other: as well as the above:
- We can provide a Rapid Response service for people aged 50 and over, who own their own homes or are private tenants. The scheme can help people to be discharged safely from hospital, and also helps in preventing hospital admissions by minimising the risk of falls and injury in the home.
- We run The Healthy Home Service is a Care and Repair based visiting service for older people, living in Powys, to assess and advise on safety and security in the home.
The advisory services of Care and Repair in Powys are free.
Care & Repair in Powys is a Community Benefit Society (Reg. No. 29535R) with charitable status.