Shropshire Council are seeking feedback on the development of a new carer support service.
The existing carer support contract in Shropshire is due to end on 31 January 2021. Shropshire Council are commissioning the adult carer support service in Shropshire and would like to hear the thoughts and ideas of carers to help shape these services. It’s important that the services provided are well designed for the people who will be using them.
Who will be involved and engaged with on the development of new carer support services?
Shropshire Council will be working to engage as widely as possible to obtain a diversity of views. They will take steps to ensure the following stakeholder groups are made aware of how they can participate in this engagement:
- Carers and carer groups
- Voluntary and community sector organisations
- Public sector bodies
- Town and parish councils
- Shropshire Council elected members, officers and volunteers
- And more…
Which methods of engagement will be used?
Within the engagement period a mixed method will be used to obtain as much feedback as possible. Engagement opportunities include:
- Feedback surveys for:
- Carers, local carers groups and organisations
- Members of staff at Shropshire Council and the council’s elected members
- Email and postal feedback options for any more detailed comments
How will the feedback be used?
Your feedback will be used to write the specification to be used in the tender documentation for a carer support service contract in Shropshire. The draft document will be presented to Shropshire Council’s Family Carers Partnership board for a final decision.
What other evidence will be used to inform the new carer support contract?
Alongside the feedback from local engagement Shropshire Council also use a wide range of evidence, such as:
- Feedback from the previous review of the carer service
- National research and guidance
- Good practice from other areas
This information, added to the feedback obtained through the engagement, will help to inform the new carer support contract.
How to get involved in this survey:
- You can have your say on the development of a new carer support service by taking part in this survey at this link https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SCCarerSupport or
- You can also provide feedback by email. Please title your email ‘Carer support service’ and email: [email protected]
- You can also provide any comments or other documents for consideration by writing to: Carers support service engagement c/o Shropshire Council, Feedback and Insight Team (1L23), Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY2 6ND
Note this survey opened on Wednesday 5th August and will close on Thursday 17th August 2020